Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Ugly Sweatshirt Day

Today was ugly sweatshirt day at school.  Just before bed last night the girls were informing me that they needed an ugly sweatshirt to wear today or at least a Christmas sweatshirt.  We didn't have either one, and I wasn't really sure if they each had a sweatshirt at all.  But I dug around in their drawers and closet and finally found a sweatshirt for everyone.  But they weren't "ugly."  They were plain blue, camo, and pink.  Luckily I have a lot of lace, ribbon, and extra material laying around the house, so I was able to decorate their sweatshirts and make them oh so BEAUTIFUL!!  I didn't know how to make Samuel's ugly, so I put Rudolph on it.  He was pleased.  I sewed each of the sweatshirts in a way that won't make it too hard to take the lace/ribbons/rudolph off.  However, Samuel said he wanted to keep Rudolph on it.  I had fun.  It was a late night, but it was fun to see the kids appreciate it this morning. 
 



3 comments:

Tonya said...

Awesome! I like the pic better with the heads attached:)

Leslie said...

Great job Tia. I love the newly revised sweatshirts.

Amy said...

Creative!! I think Jaque's wins the ugly sweatshirt:)