Monday, February 4, 2013

Aaron's new calling

We got a call last week, and were asked to meet with one of the Stake Presidency members on Saturday.  A few weeks ago, Bishop had asked Aaron how things were going and that he was going to submit his name for a new calling.  Later he asked me how I'd feel if Aaron were given a calling that would require me to sit by myself with the kids during Sacrament meeting.  I told him that I knew I would be blessed somehow.  We have a very helpful ward and I knew the Lord would bless me and the kids to do whatever was needed.  I mean if the Lord could bless my mom so she could teach a  primary class with twin babies, then he could help me too!

Saturday morning came and we got up early and went to the church.  President Leonard asked Aaron if he'd serve as the 2nd Councilor in the Bishopric.  Aaron accepted the call and went home and called his dad and asked if he could come to Pilot Rock the next day to set him apart as a High Priest.  James and Marjorie made it over the next day for the ordination and then hurried back to fulfill their own church obligations in Baker.

It was a great weekend.  I'm not sure exactly how this calling will change our lives, but I'm looking forward to the growth we will all make in the years to come.

Tiffanie laughs because we have the same calling as Primary Choristers and our husbands (both Aarons) have the same calling.  Leslie, I haven't heard if you have a new calling yet, but Tiff and I are rooting for you to be a Primary Chorister!!!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Ha! The primary would be in a world of hurt if that happens. I made it through one Sunday without a calling but I doubt I will make it through next Sunday without one. I will let you know. I did teach Josiah's primary class and will sub again this Sunday too. It was a nice change from what I have been doing.

If its anything like what Nathan has been doing Aaron will be one busy man. Our bishop is delegating like crazy which is how it should be. It has been so good for us and him. There has been many changes happen in our ward and it is so exciting. I feel like there is going to be lots of growth happen in the ward and espcially with us.

Congrats to Aaron. He will do a great job.

Leslie said...

I forgot to mention that I told Nathan they could make up a calling for me. I could be the hymn book cordinator---its kind of like the chorister right?

Joseph and Ivy Waite said...

Boy Dad has been busy lately setting apart his sons as High Preists! My other brothers better watch out!
Speaking of relations having the same callings, last year Adam and Ori had the same callings as Joseph and I. I thought that was interesting.
Good luck Aaron and good Tia managing kids by yourself during sacrament meeting!

Amy said...

You will both be awesome at your new added responsibilities at church!! I am excited for you - lots of blessings come.