Monday, October 28, 2013

Sarah is 3!!

I was having the hardest time with my blog, but finally got it all figured out (knock on wood).  So here's a little catch up.

Sarah turned three at the end of July!  She's kind of missed the size 3T clothes and went right to 4T just before her birthday that I had to remind myself that she was turning 3 and NOT 4!  I talked her into having donuts for her birthday "cake."





I love this little girl.  She has a lot of spunk.  She loves to do her "learning" on the computer every day.  She knows how to sound out all of her letters and we've tried to do a little bit of reading, but she doesn't know how to put the sounds together in her head.  But we have a couple years to finalize that process!  We finally got her potty trained.  I think it took us a whole year to get it done.  There were times that I thought it was never going to happen, but it did...on her time table, not mine. 

Sarah loves to do ballerina moves like she sees on barbie movies.  It is so cute to see because Sarah is not the most petite person.  She weighs 40lbs and is just a solid tank.  When you pick her up, you notice! 

Sarah is my big helper at home now that school has started.  It's fun to see her take a little more responsibility.  I'm not sure that she always likes to be my big helper.  She's use to being invisible when work is being done with the bigger kids, but she seems pretty happy to help.

Sarah is starting to sing in Nursery now.  She use to just watch everyone else sing, but now I'll catch her singing "Jesus Wants Me for a 'Sunbean'" and "I Am a Child of God" around the house.

Just the other day she held up a shape and said, "Mom, this is an oct-a-gon!"  I looked at her hand and it was!  I asked how she knew that and Calista says, "I taught her that a few days ago. We were looking at a shape book and I asked her what it was.  She didn't know, so I told her."  It's so fun when they love to teach each other!

Sarah either has a lazy eye, or really good control of her eyes.  She can make one eye look straight and the other look cross-eyed.  She only does it on demand, so it's not a wandering eye.  It looks kind of freaky.  She loves to do it and get a response from her siblings.  She can also wink.  I can remember learning to wink in church.  We were sitting in front of Richie Stephens and he winked at me.  I remember trying, but having to hold my eye shut with my finger.  I suppose since I can remember it, I must've been older than Sarah.  Ellen has to do the finger wink still.

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Great update!! I love getting to know Sarah! What a fun girl! I love donuts too so I'm glad she got some for her birthday... I think those r fun!

Amy said...

I'm glad that you're blogging again! It was fun to read about the little girls that I have hardly ever seen and get a feel for what they're like! They sure sound cute!!

Erica Hill said...

I need to see Sarah again. It's been far too long! Congrats on finishing up potty training and learning shapes. It's funny to think of her getting lost during the the chores.