The other day, Jacque came up to me on the couch with the "Green Eggs and Ham" book. She said, "Mom I can read this. Do you want to hear me?" I said "Sure," thinking that I would have to help her a lot. But I was very impressed. Out of the 62 pages, I only had to tell her the words, "could, anywhere, and try!" And I only had to say them a few times before she could recognize them as they came up. She did such a great job! It is so fun to have readers in the house.
4 comments:
Good for you Jacque! It is so fun when they start to read.
Wow! Great job Jacque! Come read me books here in Portland. I can't go to sleep without Dr. Seuss.
YAY for Jacque!! That is so cool that you can read! I can't wait to come see you and have you read to Me, Jackson, and Emily!
Oh Jacque, Grandma Baxter is so proud of you. I hope you will always love to read books. You can read to me whenever you come to visit.
Good job!
Post a Comment