Samuel got to join Cub Scouts just in time!! His first cub scout meeting was actually a pack meeting and they handed everyone their pinewood derby cars. So he and Aaron worked hard and built Samuel's first pinewood derby car. You can see duck tape on the car because we were a little under weight. Our den leader had brought a bunch of little weights that we could tape on the car before the races. Samuel's car did really well. He won the first race and then came in second in the next two races! You will enjoy all the wonderful pictures I took.
Okay, so my timing is a little off. I actually tried to take a picture just after they let the cars go, but I didn't push the button hard enough. So then I followed the car farther down the track and pushed the button harder. Yeah, I forgot about whole time delay thing, and so you get a nice picture of the finish line that Samuel's car had already passed! You do get to see the third place car though. Maybe I should've paid attention to whose car it was and I could've emailed his mother this picture :)
Since the still shot didn't turn out so well, I decided that I would take a video of it. The video wasn't actually too bad, I just forgot to push the button hard again to stop the video, so you get to see a bit of the gym floor at the end. Samuel's car got second in this video.
This is Samuel's last race. He placed second again. I think for his first Pinewood Derby, he did really well. He ended up getting a certificate for the best sports car design!
6 comments:
Good for Samuel for having a successful first time pinewood derby. The car looks really good.
Great job on the car Samuel! Great job on the pictures Tia!
sounds like a lot of fun...I just want to know if Aaron tried to race against any of the other dads...I've heard some pretty crazy stories. :) Good job Samuel! Keep enjoying scouts!
Thats awesome! I remember my brothers races! It was awesome but my favorite part was the treats at the end! Good job Samuel!
Congrats Samuel!! That looks like so much fun! I'm glad you made it into Scouts just in time for this event-- I can't wait til we can help Jackson make one of those:) And good job!
good Job Samuel! I hope you had lots of fun! Cub Scouts and pack meetings are fun. You can learn about many things while having fun.
We love you.
Post a Comment