Here's a couple of conversations we've had lately:
I was helping Ellen say her prayers one night (this was before my grandpa died):
M: Please bless Pops (my grandpa) that he can die and not have to suffer anymore...
E: Please bless Pops, he can die and have supper some more...
We read the scriptures to the kids every night, and I will pause and explain things to them. Every now and then we ask questions to see if they are paying attention. Well Jacque was trying to pay attention one night while we were reading in Alma 42. Jacque raises her hand so I call on her. She says:
J: Why did Adam and Eve fall in the grass and couldn't be the Lord's presidents?
I had to think about this one for a minute, and then I caught up with her. The scripture was verse 14 (I have put quotations around the words that she had heard and tried to make sense out of):
"And thus we see that "all mankind were fallen," and they were in the "grasp" of justice; yea, the justice of God, which consigned them forever to be cut off from his "presence."
1 comment:
Funny! It's interesting how you hear things a certain way when you're a kid and they stick in your mind that way. I'm still discovering things I misunderstood in songs from when I was younger. When Joseph was a kid he thought the second verse of "I am a Child of God" said, "I know my knees are grey" instead of "I know my needs are great." We can't sing that song anymore without putting that in!
Post a Comment