It seems to me that everyone is probably a little OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). So the question is "Is it bad to be to have a little bit of OCD?" I have it for somethings. I remember growing up that I always wanted to count the lines on the road that were accompanied by the solid striaght, do not pass line. On the highway between Haines and North Powder, most of them had between 21 and 23 dashes! I also like things to be semetrical. Now I'm not going to the extreme. I don't have to county dashes every time, and everything does not have to be symmetrical, but these a couple examples. of mine. Aaron has a little bit of it too, which makes me a little worried for our kids.
Aaron went to a high school basketball game last weekend with Samuel. Samuel was bothered by the score whenever it was an odd number. He mentioned to Aaron, "Oh they need to hurry and make one more point, so they can be back in the evens."
I've noticed that when Calista loads the dishwasher, she likes to organize the cups blue, green, blue, green. I will admit that I like to do that too!
These are just minor cases, and I think everyone probably has something they can relate to it, but I just hope they don't take it to the extreme some day. Do they have a chance at being "normal?"
4 comments:
Id say you've watched Monk way too many times:) ocds r fun... and they usually have good sides to them... take Monk for one. If he didn't have all of his qwirks he wouldnt be a great detective:) but really I don't think they r bad... maybe just teach along with it... how the opposite is still good (ie: odd numbers).
It is normal as long as it doesn't disrupt your normal daily activities. Normally I would love to mess with OCD people...however when I worked at the carecenter in Utah, there were 4 people there that had OCD. I had to control my urge not to set them off because it would mean a very bad day for them until they went to sleep to reset...if they could sleep. All in all I think you guys are normal and I think people have quirks that make them happy. Your kids are normal, I wouldn't worry about them. On another note...did you guys get any of this awesome snow???
I was just thinking about how Josh likes to load the dishwasher like our dad...he insists on putting all the same utensils in the same holder--mostly b/c that makes it faster to unload. :) I used to be competitive with myself when getting dressed...I would race to see which leg would get in the pant leg the fastest, and then which foot got the sock on first...funny thing about that is I was the one controlling the outcome. :) Funny, huh?! Thanks for sharing---I guess we must be related.
Yea your kids migt have it bad if you count things too. I don't know what Aaron obsesses over, but Dad is an obsessive counter too. It might just be Samuel's age though. I've heard it's common to have little things at that age to obsess over. When I was younger I always needed certain things to be fair. For instance, if I played with one doll, I had to play with all the others for the same amount of time just to make it even.
Post a Comment