Monday, January 16, 2012

Sarah's food

I'm sorry I don't have a video or at least a picture for this one, but I didn't even have a chance.

We have been trying to work with Sarah on folding her arms during our prayers at mealtime. Usually she just sits there and eats. If you don't dish up her plate then she screams during the prayer, so its better to have it there. Recently she'll take a bite and then fold her arms.

Well Saturday morning we had pancakes. She couldn't wait for everyone else, so she got up to the table and started taking a few bites of a pancake. When we all got up to the table, we asked Sarah to fold her arms. She went to take another bite, and Aaron reached for the pancake to put it down so she could fold her arms. Sarah must've thought her breakfast was endangered. Before Aaron could reach her, she opened her mouth wide and shoved half the pancake in it. He reached her just as she was about to force the rest of it in her mouth. This all happened in just a few seconds. I didn't think she could fit so much in her little mouth. Aaron did pull most of it out of her mouth so she wouldn't choke though. I kind of which he wouldn't have stopped her, just to see if she could've gotten it all in.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Sometimes pictures aren't so good. Just imagining this makes me laugh.

Joseph and Ivy Waite said...

That's really funny! Sometimes I wish we had a video camera running full time in our house just in case something funny like that happens.

Polkowske Fam said...

Poor starving kid! You never know how long those prayers are going to go. :)