Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ellen's birthday

Ellen turned four on Valentine's Day!! She was so excited to have her birthday come. I told her the night before her birthday, that the sooner she fell asleep, the sooner her birthday would come. I don't remember having to ask her to be quiet, so I think she worked on falling asleep fast.

Ellen is quite the character. She has a very outgoing, happy personality. She loves to laugh and make other laugh, and she's quite the tease. She loves learning and knows all the sounds of her letters. We love having her as part of our family.

This is a picture that Calista drew Ellen for her birthday.Ellen got a Tote and Go Laptop too. This was probably her favorite present, and she actually does a great job sharing it with her brother and sisters. It works on letters and numbers, and she plays with it every day.


For her birthday, Ellen asked for a computer and her own scriptures. I was surprised that she asked for scriptures, but she was really excited when she opened them. She also got dry erase crayons, which are really pretty neat, and a coloring book, but somehow I forgot to take a picture of the coloring book.

This is Ellen's carousel cake. It was a rushed job, but she excited because it had the frosted animal cookies, which are some of her favorites, and it had heart marshmallows. I let her color the umbrella top and put some of the marshmallows and cookies on.







These are pictures that Ellen took of her cake:


1 comment:

Amy said...

AWWW,... four?! Where does the time go. What a sweet little smarty pants! It looks like she created a super fun cake!:)