Thursday, February 9, 2012

A girl after mine own heart.

The other day, while we were sitting at breakfast, Jacque told me something that really impressed me. She said,"I know how to say my ABC's backward!" I was a little skeptical at first, but then she rattled them off. I brought the timer over and timed her, 7 seconds. She can do the ABC's forward in 4 seconds. Tonya and I learned the "ZYX's" when we were little, but probably more like in the 5th grade, and Jacque is in the 2nd grade.


It's always been something fun to for me to do, and I've thought about teaching the kids, but I was afraid that it would confuse them. Even I get a little confused on whether it goes JKL or LKJ now and again. I can remember being in college and there was a guy on TV that rattled off the ZYX's really fast and the host of the show doubted that anyone could confirm whether or not he had said them all. But Tonya and I COULD tell!!


I asked Jacque how she learned her ZYX's and she said that she was at school one day and just wanted to learn them! Talk about a proud mama!! So do you know your ZYX's? How fast are you? Just out of curiosity, I timed myself doing the ZYX's and the ABC's and it was 3 seconds both times.



3 comments:

Leslie said...

Very impressive. I can't think long enough to get past zxy.

Amy said...

Go Jacque! My fourth grade teacher had some sort of reward for kids who learned their zxy's, but I must admit that after learning them I have never said them again!

Dean and Dawnie said...

Go Jacque! You are amazing! Sure love you and I love the video.