The Second to last day of school is always Field Day. My kids look forward to this day all year long. We don't do organized sports yet, but the kids all love to run. After looking at these pictures, it's no wonder they love this day so much. Jacque and Samuel ran and won each of the races that they competed in, and Calista got 4th and 3rd! It's fun being able to go and watch them have fun! They don't hand out any ribbons or anything, which Samuel was a little disappointed about, but I had him think about what all the other kids in his class would feel like. Yes, some day they'll have to deal with those feelings, but I'm glad we're not that competitive in grade school yet.
They each competed against their own classmates, since we're a small school there is only one class per grade level.
Samuel winning the 50 m
Samuel winning the 100m
Jacque winning the 100m
Calista placed 4th in the 100m
Samuel winning the 200m
Jacque winning the 200m
Calista getting 3rd place in the 400m
Samuel winning the 400m. He wasn't going to run this one, but I talked him into it. Later I found out that he didn't want to run it so that his friend Riley could run and win it. Oops! He was trying to be a good friend and I ruined it.
Jacque winning the 400m
No comments:
Post a Comment