Thursday, August 1, 2013

Clogging

Last February, we started a clogging class as a family.  Ellen got too distracted by the big mirrors in the dance room, so she and Sarah started going to a friend's house during clogging practice.  Then work started picking up and Aaron couldn't continue so it was just the kids and I clogging.  But then my knee started having problems, so now it is just Samuel, Jacque and Calista.  They are getting pretty good at their songs.  If we would practice more, we would definitely improve faster (but we have just accepted a challenge to practice our new song twice a day, so I guess we'll be improving faster now).  We've learned a dance for "Stuck like glue" and we're learning "Cajun Moon."  They've done one performance at a Nursing Home and one parade.  There have been others that we couldn't make for one reason or another, but here's a couple pictures from their parade performance. 
 Our instructor, Calista, another lady, and Samuel (facing the camera)
You can kind of see Jacque in this picture.  She's the shortest one and is facing away from the camera.

I can't tell how well Jacque likes clogging but Calista is really loving it and Samuel likes it pretty well.  I told them I'd like them to try it for a year before they give up.  Hopefully they'll make it that long!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

How fun! And a cool thing to try out. Did they fuss when u asked them to keep it up for a year? We need new ideas of encouraging J to stick with things... Or be interested in them😣