Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Calista turned 8!

Calista had her 8th birthday last January, but I finally got the pictures off of my camera!!  She had a "Frozen" themed party.  We only do these kinds of parties when the kids turn 8 years old.  I think I'd go crazy if I had to do one every month!  But its fun when it's only once in a while.

We played the penny game (no Frozen theme here), then we had a Frozen dance.  We played music from the Frozen soundtrack and everyone danced.   However, every now and then someone would freeze the music and everyone had to stop right then. The kids were a little shy at first, but I got up and started doing it with them, and that seemed to break the ice!  Then we went in the backroom and pinned the arm on Olaf (no picture sorry) and last of all we dressed each other up as snowmen.  I did actually get pictures of that:

 We had left over butcher paper from butchering cows this fall, and we put it to good use.


 We also made our own pinata instead of a birthday cake, unfortunately I forgot to take pictures before we tore it apart.  But it only tore on the seems where we glued it!  We got the pictures off the Internet and Calista colored them.
She was pleased and everyone seemed to have fun!

No comments: