Thursday, April 23, 2009

Jacque is 5!

Jacque asked me the night before her birthday if we were going to wake her up singing Happy Birthday. I'm glad she asked because I had forgotten. We had done it to both Samuel and Calista, but that was months ago. So Aaron and I woke Samuel up and then we all walked into her room, singing. She pretended she was asleep during the first two rounds, but she finally sat up during the 3rd round.

After we dropped Samuel off at school, I took the girls to the store and we went birthday shopping for Jacque. I couldn't find a babysitter, so I got to take Jacque too. She told me all that she wanted was a baby doll and an umbrella, so she stayed in the cart on the next aisle over, so she didn't really see what we got. After we bought them, I told her that she wouldn't be have them until Grandma and Grandpa came around 5pm. She was disappointed, but when we got home, we saw a bunch of balloons and a sack wit tied to the doorknob. There wasn't a note, but I think it was from her Primary teacher.

Presents found on the doorknob

baby dollI love this face. I think she was excited!


Jacque getting her birthday spankings from Grandpa Baxter.
Everyone thought it looked like so much fun, that they all wanted a turn, even Ellen. I tried to get a picture of Samuel but it took my camera too long to adjust.






Thanks for coming Grandma and Grandpa. We love to see you.



I think she had a great day though. It's always fun to feel special at least one day out of the year.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Happy belated birthday Jacque. Sounds like you had a fun day.

mariann and Tory said...

Happy Birthday! Jacque! Yay! I am going private so email with your email so I can invite you!!