Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Disagreements

Aaron and I have been taking a marriage class after church for the last six weeks. We got thinking today, and we came up with a couple of real disagreements that we've had. They haven't been heated disagreements. Just differences of opinion. One is over socks. When Aaron's mom finished washing the socks, she just dumped all the socks into a big drawer or something like that and she was done. Then when anyone wanted a pair of socks they dug through the drawer and found a pair. So he thinks that would be a better idea than sitting on the bed and matching everyone's socks. I would rather get it all done at the beginning. Neither one is a right answer and neither is a wrong answer. It's just a difference.

Another difference came up today. Aaron came home from lunch and opened the fridge door to get something to eat. As he has the door open he says, " Why is the toilet brush in the fridge?" Ellen has discovered the toilet brush recently and she carries it all over the house. It was in the living room earlier today and I asked the kids to clean up. I'm not sure who it was that put it there, but I'm hoping that they got distracted and didn't realize what they had done. But at the next marriage class that we go to, if they ask what a difference is between Aaron and I, Aaron's going to bring up that he for one thinks that the toilet brush belongs in the bathroom, behind the toilet, whereas Tia thinks it belongs in the fridge!

4 comments:

Polkowske Fam said...

Those are some good disagreements, however, I would have to side with Tia...I mean if you leave it in the bathroom, the kids love to play with it, but who would think to look in the fridge??? Plus then it is farther away from the toilet, right?! :) Just start a new fad! Kids are so creative...gotta love 'em!

Tonya said...

The toilet brush story is funny, yet gross! Hopefully you used some strong disinfectant in there after you removed it!! As for disagreements, I think your life must be boring-- I'm glad you don't argue, but what is life without disagreements:) Just kidding, I'm glad you are enough alike to have many of the same ideas. Thanks again for letting us have fun with you last week!

mariann and Tory said...

Ok...I won't let Tory know I just read that...I think he would freak out!! Nasty! But here is the disagreement...I thought that was halarious!

Anonymous said...

I had never thought of dumping the socks in the drawer unsorted. What a good idea!!!
-Brad-