Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hershey's Meet

The Hershey's meet went really well. It was just a pre-trial. I think next week they have the state qualifying or something like that. We had a lot of fun watching the kids, and they had a blast. They started with a softball throw. I think Jacque threw it 13 feet, Calista 9 or 11, and Ellen almost 3 feet. Ellen was funny. She was holding a water bottle, so I took it from her so she could throw. She was mad at me and wouldn't even hold the ball. We did get her to swat at it three times, just trying to get the ball away from her.

Then we had the running events. They had everyone run according to age and gender. They gave ribbons out for the first six places and then the little kids also got participating ribbons if they didn't place.

Ellen got 3rd out of the 1 year olds in the 50 meter dash. I tried to get a picture of her ribbon, but everytime I gave it to her she either dropped it or wadded it up in her hand. So if you look really close, you can see the white ribbon in her hands.

Calista got 5th in the 50 meter and a participating ribbon in the 200 meter dash.

Jacque got 3rd in the 50 meter and a participating ribbon in the 200 meter dash.


Samuel got 1st in his heat of the 50 meter dash and 6th in the 200 meter.

They also could've run the 400 meter but they were all tired after the 200 so we went home.

No comments: