Aaron has working on a double acting hand pump for the last few months. My parents have a well and wanted a pump that they could use when the electricity went out. Aaron has always wanted to make a pump, so he jumped at the oportunity. Here's a picture of the pump so far. This portion fits down the current well casing. He hasn't finished the top part that you would pump to get the water out, however he did try it out the other day, and it WORKED!! We were so excited. He just lifted the metal rod up and down. It took a few pumps to get it primed on the way up, but it moved water out on the way down and up, and it was a lot of water. His calculations say it should be moving about 1 gallon of water for a full cycle (up and down), and it seems to be pretty efficient. We didn't get to measure the water but it emptied a 5 gallon bucket pretty quick. If you really want details, or if you have questions, you should ask Aaron because I'm not sure on all the technical stuff. I just know that Aaron can do/fix ANYTHING!
2 comments:
GOOD JOB Aaron! You really can DO/FIX anything!! I am very impressed. I can't wait to see a video of it working so that we can fully appreciate what you have created. Congrats on putting a thought into a working product!
It looks good Aaron. It will be fun to see it in action.
Post a Comment