If you come to my house, you'll probably notice something has changed (that is only if you've been to my house before!) A few weeks ago the owner of our rental came by to look at the trees in front of our house and some of them in our backyard. They came and left without talking to me, and I wondered what they had decided. When I paid my rent last time, the rental agency said that the owners planned on taking out a few bushes/trees in my front yard, the apricot tree in the back, and trimming our big climbing tree branches that hang over the house. Aaron was hoping that this would give him another project of taking out trees, but last Saturday, a couple guys came did all the work. They filled this truck with the brush and branches, and also a little trailer with all the wood that would be good for firewood. (Can you say that ten times fast?)
The kids had a fun time watching them cut up the trees. It took at least three hours. We were sad to see the apricot tree taken down. We have two apricot trees. One that produces and one that doesn't. They took the one that produces down. I'm guessing that they chose that one because it was up next to the house. I am glad they left the other one because it is a good shade tree.
I'm glad they took the bushes/trees out of our front yard. They were supposed to be the pretty bushes/trees that are shaped really pretty, but no ones taken care of them for several years, so they were really scraggly and ugly. It will be much nicer to mow the lawn too. Maybe I'll take a picture of the yard sometime :)
2 comments:
I would like to see pictures of the yard.
So you still have your climbing tree right? And you still have the branches for the swing? I bet it's fun being able to see your yard more- I can't wait for pics too! And now that the apricots are gone you'll have to find something else to fill that time of the summer (that is if you are still there). Good luck!
Post a Comment