Mary was our visitor for tonight's Family Home Evening! We probably should have waited until the Monday before Christmas, but there are only a few women to act out in the scriptures that the kids could think of. I could probably come up with more if I tried, but Jacque really wanted to be Mary. I think she was a little disappointed that she didn't get to wear a blue dress since the movies we have with the story of Christmas, all have Mary in a blue dress. I just told her that no one knows what color the dress was and it might have been white too! She had fun telling the story of Mary, or at least answering the questions we asked her about Mary and the Christmas story.
I think the kids are really enjoying acting out the lessons and taking turns being in charge of the music/prayers/lesson/game. Ellen got to be in charge of the music tonight. She chose to sing, "The Family is of God" known as "Family" to her, twice for an opening song, and "Once I was a baby" sang to the tune of "Once there was a snowman." She and Calista learned it in nursery.
The kids get a little impatient waiting for their turn to be in charge of the game or lesson. I need to make a FHE board where they can see that we all take turns. Any good ideas of FHE boards?
3 comments:
it could be a good gift for you guys for christmas if whoever has you is reading this!!! :) how fun!! I love how they all get into it!
We have one made out of wood that our neighbor gave us when we lived in Boise with hooks with each name. I will have to send you a picture. My parents just had one out of cardboard with pockets that had what that person was in charge of and then each of our pictures were glued to a popsicle stick with our names. Then you just have to switch the sticks each week from one pocket to another. If that makes any sense of what of just said.
Awesome costume and lesson. Good job Jacque! You are so special. We love you!
Post a Comment