This is a picture of our little Ellen with her GREAT-Aunt Ellen, James’ sister. Mom took this last weekend at Tara’s triathlon in Baker. It's the first time we've been able to get a picture of Ellen and her namesake!It is summertime in Pendleton! At 4:00pm today it was 82 degrees. After walking around the house for an hour, I was hot, so I went and changed into shorts and took my socks off. It felt so good to walk on the cool wood floors.
A little bit later, Ellen came walking into the kitchen with a purpose. I don’t know if she was hungry and came to tell me she wanted a snack, or if she was going to complain that the girls weren’t letting her play “Guess Who” with them. Whatever the reason was, I don’t think I will ever find out because as soon as she saw me, she stopped. I looked down at her, and she kept staring at me, going from my shorts to my bare feet, back and forth, back and forth, without saying a word. Finally she looks at me with her “serious look” and says, “GO CHANGE!” I guess she hasn’t seen mommy in shorts before and thought I was indecent. I laughed and told her I didn’t need to change, and asked if she wanted to get shorts on too. She didn’t have to think long about that and we went and got her some shorts to wear. Then she was pleased that we both had shorts on.
Totally new topic - we had our house inspection done today and it went really well. They found a few minor repairs like fixing leaky faucets and showerheads, but nothing major. Now we are waiting for the appraisal.
4 comments:
I love the story of the shorts! Ellen is so cute! She is figuring out her world and trying to keep you on the strait and narrow!
Glad things are looking positive for your new house!
How funny!! Love the story! I love how obvious kids are... you definitely know if they approve or not! Ha ha... I'm still laughing! And yay for your house! Can't wait for pics!
Tia, you never said how "short" those shorts were...maybe she is just making sure you are modest! I guess we are missing some details... :) Congrats on the inspection passing!!!!
I didn't know Ellen was named after an aunt. How fun!
Post a Comment