Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Three for one!

It's your lucky day! You get three different posts in one! Aren't you excited.

The first post: Snot Stew. This is a book that Samuel picked out at the book fair by Bill Wallace. It is a really cute book. When Samuel was looking at books, I wanted him to pick a book that would challenge him. In other words, it needed to have more words on a page than pictures, and be several chapters long. He picked out three books: Snot Stew, Socks by Beverly Cleary, and Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume. The reason I'm blogging about this is that he started reading this book on Thursday and was done with it on Tuesday! I was impressed that he finished it so fast. He even lost it for a day and a half in that period too. He just couldn't put it down. He read early in the morning when no one else was awake, during quiet time and any other time he had. It was fun to see him enjoying it so much.

Second post: Here is the long awaited picture of Samuel and the tie that I adjusted to fit him. For those of you who may have missed the earlier post, here's a little explanation. It used to be Aaron's tie, but since it had a huge stain on the bottom of the tie, I cut off the stained portion and made it to fit Samuel. I think it turned out pretty nice.

The third post: My mother's day gifts from Samuel and Jacque. These are the gifts that they brought home from school. Jacque made a pretty picture of a pot with white and red flowers (tissue paper) which reads Happy Mother's Day! She did a great job on it and was very excited to give it to me. Samuel made me the bracelet. He was afraid that it wouldn't fit, but it is perfect. I wear it most days and I think he's pretty pleased to see it on my wrist.

3 comments:

Tonya said...

I love reading three posts:) Way to go Samuel with the reading and the bracelet! You are amazing! Great job on the tie T, and the flower pot is awesome! What a talented family!!!

Erica Hill said...

How cool Samuel. Keep up the reading. I love the bracelet and pictures. What a lucky mom!!!

mariann and Tory said...

What a cute bracelet! Score! Happy mothers day!