
Ellen's birthday cake...simple and yummy! All she wanted was a sucker cake, so that's what we did!

Ellen got an abc book!

Jacque gave this monkey to Ellen. She won it as a prize from school. They get "R" cards (our mascot is a rocket) for doing really good things at school. The other day, Jacque was saying how much she wished that her name would be drawn out of the "R" card drawing because she hadn't been chosen for a long time. Well it was just the next day or so later that she was chosen and she picked this monkey out for Ellen! I can't believe that she would use her turn to bless a sister! Jacque is an awesome sister!!

Mrs. Potato Head!! Going shopping for Ellen was pretty easy because she came with me! I noticed at Nursery that she liked the potato head, so we looked for one at the store. Walmart had a Mrs. and a Mr. Potato Head, but Ellen chose the Mrs. Potato Head.

But the best thing she got was her very own scooter!! This was another thing we got at the store together, and she has been so patient waiting for he birthday to arrive. She never asked to play with it. She always said, "On my birthday, I get to ride my own scooter!" I hid it under my sewing table, trying to keep it out of sight, but then I decided to sew some pjs. Ellen came in the room and after a little bit she said, "Mom...can I peak?" I said, "Nope. Don't peak!" So she turns her head and looks out of the side of her eye! The scooter didn't wrap well, so I just carried it out to the room and put it with her presents. When she came out, she must not have seen it, because when I told her to get her scooter, she went running to the sewing closet!
Ellen turned 3 years old today!! We are so happy to have Ellen as part of our family. Ellen is such a happy girl and has a great sense of humor! She is very easy to get along with and is starting to show some independence. Ellen loves to play with barbies, babies, the new doll house, princess shoes and dresses, wear necklaces, and get her fingernails and toenails painted. In other words, she loves being a little girl!! Ellen is learning her abc's and how to do puzzles. She also loves to be read to and she loves to color! A while ago I found that she'd colored her arms and legs with markers, and I told her that she was too little to use markers. Well a month ago Ellen comes up to me and says, "Mom, I'm a big girl, huh mom?!" "Yes, you are." (Thinking she's referring to her abilities to use the toilet now.) "Mom, I'm getting bigger! I can use markers now, huh?!" She caught me by surprise on that one, but I decided to give her a try and she does just fine now!
I hope everyone has a Happy Valentine's Day!!
5 comments:
Happy birthday Ellen!
Happy birthday Ellen! And I am amazed at how obedient she is-- I loved the story where she asked if she could peek and you said no so she turned around. Good thing to document!! Sounds like a fun day!! How did the cake turn out? I thought about it last night and wished I was there eating it with you:)
Ellen really is the sweetest little girl! And it sounds like she's super smart, too! Happy birthday to Ellen!!
The cake turned out great. The only bad part is that we only ate 1/3 of it and there's still 2/3 left!
Happy birthday Ellen! It's interesting the way she got around to asking you to let her use markers again. She sounds like a psycologist!
Post a Comment