Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hershey Track Meet



This actually happened a few weeks ago, on June 4th, but I just got the camera out of the car. We love the Hershey Track Meet! Everyone did a great job running their heart out. I think Jacque and Calista were the ones to actually place in the top three, but everyone did great. Samuel actually got to compete this year, where the top runner would go on to compete in Eugene for State and then on to Hershey. It was fun to see him run his best, and a relief that he didn't get first!
Ellen is running the 50m.

Calista is in lane 5

Jacque actually got to run the 50m twice. We forgot that she had turned 7, so she ran one race with the 6yr old girls (and got a participation ribbon), and then went back and ran again with the 7yr old girls (and placed 3rd). It was a close finish between her and her friend Libby(pictured below):


Samuel is getting ready for his 400m run. I'm not sure what place he was. He is only 8 1/2 but competed in the 9-10 yr old bracket since he will turn 9 in December. They also included the 11-12 yr olds in this race because there were only two kids signed up for it. He did great!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

How fun!! I don't think we have anything like that around here. Way to go Kernsies:)