Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Our garden!

raspberries (1.5 - 80 ft. rows)

strawberries


A saskatoon blueberry bush/tree. It is supposed to have blueberries that resemble real blueberries, but are bigger, and the bush can be up to 15 ft tall. We have to surround it with wire right now to keep the deer off. Aaron is in the process of building a deer fence.


We have three fuji apple trees






We are doing a joint garden with some friends in our ward. We have a large back lot and they have a small backyard, so it is perfect. They even come over once a week and help us weed!! Our garden is 40 ft by 40 ft. Here are the yummy things growing:


yellow zucchini squash
pumpkin (two mounds)


cucumbers (two mounds)

yukon gold potatoes
corn (six - 40 ft. rows)
beans (4 - 20 ft. rows)


peas (4 - 20 ft. rows)



carrots (2 - 20 ft. rows)


bell peppers (1 - 20 ft. row) onion (2 - 20 ft. rows)


lettuce (2 -20 ft. rows)

7 comments:

Tonya said...

Wow it's looking good:) And yummy! I didn't know it was that big either!! That's awesome that your friends come and help weed too-- good friends:)

Kellie said...

I love the garden! Keep posting pictures as it grows. We'll see if ours produces anything this year :)

Leslie said...

Your garden looks so good and huge. I am jealous that you will get corn to grow really well there. It is nice to have friends to share it with.

Polkowske Fam said...

I guess we need to find some people to "share" a garden with since our garden is NOT looking very promising! :( I don't know if it is our drought or just my BLACK thumb, but I dream of a garden like yours! :) Yes, I am definitely jealous!!!

Dean and Dawnie said...

Wow, you are doing GREAT! your garden is really growing! It looks like lots of canning ahead for you...and lots of yummy food.

Good job sure am proud of you. love, MOM

Joseph and Ivy Waite said...

How exciting! Your garden looks great! That's great that you can share with friends and plant a huge garden. I too am jealous that you can grow corn.

mariann and Tory said...

Holy smokes! That is a HUGE garden! Way to go!