Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Field Day

This last week of school has been a lot of fun for Samuel and Jacque. They started off Monday with a trip to the Aquatic Center. I was going to go with them, but they said that only parents could go = no siblings. Well that made that decision easy. They ended up having a lot of fun. Samuel figured that since it was an overcast day, that he didn't need sunscreen. Well when he got home, I noticed that he was pretty red on the shoulders and upper back, so we put the aloe gel on him. He was pretty sore the rest of the day, but I haven't heard him complain since.




Tuesday they cleaned out their desks and took a bunch of papers and things home. But Wednesday was the funnest day. It was field day. They said it started at 9am, but I figured it would be all right to be a few minutes late. However, as I walked out my door, I could hear the announcer already started. I thought, "Wow, this is really a big thing. They have an announcer!" As we walked fast/ran the few blocks to the school, we could hear that the kindergarteners were running their 50m dash. Once the race was started, the announcer would play fun songs over the speakers like Cotton-Eyed Joe. We got to the track just after Jacque ran her 50m dash, which was actually the only race Jacque signed up for. But we did get to see her do the sack races and the long jump. I didn't bring my camera because I couldn't find it, but my good friend took pictures for me.

Jacque's long jump. Aaron says that she has the Kerns concentration mark = sticking her tongue out.



Samuel ran the 50m, 100m, and 400m. He won each of the races! It was fun to see him run. He always talked about being the fastest one at PE, and it was fun to see him do so well.

This is the 50m dash. Samuel missed the starting signal, so he was a few steps behind everyone at the start. That didn't last long. His long legs quickly caught up to them and he won. After winning, he had just enough time to run back to the starting line for the 50m finals. They did give a few seconds to rest :) He was pretty tired by the end, but he won easily!



Samuel winning the 100m. He had a good breather between his heat and the finals here.


You can kind of see Samuel in this picture. He's in the first lane. As he approached the finish line, a bunch of kids held out their hands to congratulate him. He slowed down a little to slap the hands, but it was okay because there wasn't anyone close to him.


The finish of the 400m.

Samuel's long jump. I don't know how far he got, but I like the picture.

This is Samuel's 2nd grade class, which are all the 2nd graders at Pilot Rock Elementary.

3 comments:

Joseph and Ivy Waite said...

Great picture of Jacque sticking out her tounge:) Good job Samuel! That's awesome that he won every time even when he started late or slowed down to slap hands! It looks like he won by a pretty big margin too!

Tonya said...

So fun!! I love how they had the announcer too to jazz it up even more. Way to go Jacque and Samuel! I think we're gonna have to nick name Samuel as Dash (from incredibles). And you're gonna be the parents (at the end) that tell him to slow down so the other kids can win too:) If you don't remember that part, ya gotta watch it-- the very end!

Amy said...

What a fun field day! We don't even have announcers at some of our track meets here. I wish they would do a field day like yours! Samuel really looks like a runner and Jacque looks so cute and did good too it looks like.