Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Calista's First Day of School!

It finally came! Calista has been waiting for a full year for this day, and she was so excited last Thursday to go to Kindergarten!!! Earlier that week we went to the store and picked out a backpack (Barbie) and lunch box.




Pilot Rock has full day Kindergarten every other day, so Calista's days are Tuesday and Thursdays. She was a little bummed that her friend Eli gets to go on Monday and Wednesday, but I think they might be better friends this way. Calista has been a very good "mother" to him, and he might enjoy some freedom! Usually they separate the Kindergarteners for a few weeks to get the rules down, and then they join the classes for the rest of the year. However there are so many this year, that it looks like she will stay on the T TH schedule for the whole year. I'm a little disappointed because I think I've gotten Calista about as far as I know how, but I guess I will learn more this year too.



She came home from school Thursday just as excited as she had left that morning. It was a great day. She told me who got to keep their stars up and who had to take their stars down. She listed all the rules that "teacher" had told her, and she and another kid were the only ones that earned an "R" card for good behavior. It looks like she's going to have a great year!!!



I forgot to take pictures of Samuel and Jacque on their first day of school, but I remembered to take a picture of all of them on Calista's first day. I just happened to delete it just before putting it onto my computer. So I will have to take another picture of them hopefully tomorrow.

7 comments:

Trace Baxter said...

Calista, you are soo smart! Keep up the good work.

Tonya said...

Isn't she so cute!! I love the first day pic! Can't wait to see Samuel and Jacque! I loved how she rehearsed the whole day to you too about the stars and the R card... too funny!

Amy said...

I need to remember to check your blog more often! You've been busy. Cute little, enthusiastic Calista. I love that girl.

Erica Hill said...

What does Ellen think of having Calista twice a week?

atkernsfam said...

Erica, Ellen is just fine with Calista being gone or home. It's me that notices the difference. I work harder when Calista is gone. Ellen loves learning though. My friend and I are doing a little preschool for our two 3 year olds on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Dean and Dawnie said...

Oh Calista, how grown up you are! I love the picture! Be sure to take new ones of Samuel and Jacque....wanna see them too. How about more of Ellen and Sarah? Gma loves you all.

mariann and Tory said...

How fun! First day of school is always an adventure!