Poor Samuel didn't have much fun at the trunk or treat. He said his tummy hurt, then said, "Mom I think we need to hurry." On the way to the bathroom, as he was running, he ended up throwing up in the parking lot. Luckily he was smart enough to turn his head so it didn't get on him, or anyone else!! And yes, he had already taken off his mask. But once he got it out of his system he was just fine. Since he had a mask, I let him go to each of the cars since he wasn't breathing on anyone. He never did have any problems after that.
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Happy Halloween
Here's our fun costumes for this year. I found them all at the Salvation Army for $5, with a few accessories for $1.
Before going shopping, we looked at costumes online and Samuel saw a Darth Vader costume and asked if he could be it. He was so excited when we went to the store and found one. When we first went, we found the outfit and a plastic mask. But when we returned, we found this really cool hard plastic mask that makes your voice sound like Darth's voice, and it even had some pre-recorded messages. The suit also lights up some too. He loved it. We had a light saber but forgot to bring it.
Poor Samuel didn't have much fun at the trunk or treat. He said his tummy hurt, then said, "Mom I think we need to hurry." On the way to the bathroom, as he was running, he ended up throwing up in the parking lot. Luckily he was smart enough to turn his head so it didn't get on him, or anyone else!! And yes, he had already taken off his mask. But once he got it out of his system he was just fine. Since he had a mask, I let him go to each of the cars since he wasn't breathing on anyone. He never did have any problems after that.
Here's our pretty Jacque!! She was Cinderella. I started looking at the girls' dresses and thought about how cold Halloween usually is, so I made them little cloaks. Jacque's is actually a baby blanket that she got as a baby. I just sewed on an eye and hook thing and ta-da a fancy looking, warm cape was made. And I didn't have to ruin the blanket!!!! Jacque loved getting her picture taken, actually all the girls did so I have multiple pictures of them.
Side view
Jacque's hair. I was actually pleased with myself on this one. I did the woven thing on top and brought them into two pig tails. Then I put it all in a pony tail. Divided the pony tail into two braids. Wrapped the braids around to form a bun and then put the big hair tie around it to hold it all. This was a combination of different styles I found on that website. I thought it turned out very pretty, and she almost looked like the REAL Cinderella!!
I'm not sure where the smile went! She really was having fun!!
There she is!!!
Here's Sleeping Beauty Calista! I made the cloak and hand muff our of some fleece I got for free. The best part is that the back of the fleece already had the words Sleeping Beauty!! It was perfect and it sure helped keep her warm! The crown didn't stay on long. We had to take it off before we left the house. If anyone knows a good way to keep these things on, let me know. They are always popping off their heads.
Sleeping Beauty!! I did a twist around her head and ended it with a rope braid to keep it going.
Calista without the crown and cloak!
I'm not sure if Calista was more excited about the socks or shoes!!!
Ellen is Baby Bop from Barney!! I liked this one and Sarah's because they were both warm. Ellen likes to go around the house with a high pitch squeal which I found out is actually her dinosaur roar! Here are some more Baby Bop pics. She was having fun!


And this is actually the final costume. When she saw the girls getting in their princess dresses, all of a sudden she didn't want to be Baby Bop anymore. She wanted to be a princess. I was worried about her getting cold, so I had the brilliant idea that she could be a Baby Bop Princess! She loved it, although she added that she would be a Baby Bop Sleeping Beauty Princess because there is a medallion on the dress that has Sleeping Beauty's picture on it! Isn't she cute!! We had to explain her outfit to a lot of people!
Poor Samuel didn't have much fun at the trunk or treat. He said his tummy hurt, then said, "Mom I think we need to hurry." On the way to the bathroom, as he was running, he ended up throwing up in the parking lot. Luckily he was smart enough to turn his head so it didn't get on him, or anyone else!! And yes, he had already taken off his mask. But once he got it out of his system he was just fine. Since he had a mask, I let him go to each of the cars since he wasn't breathing on anyone. He never did have any problems after that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Josiah would love Samuel's costume. The girls look so good and I love their hair.
Great costumes. That was smart to make cloaks with a hook and eye!
Rylun was a little hound dog...they could've been puppy friends! I love all the costumes, and other than being sick it looks like they had a great time! I like the beautiful hair styles that accessorize the outfit! What a talented mother. Hopefully I will get my pictures up soon, so you can see our fun.
They all looks so cute! Ellen's costume got a laugh out of me - I love the baby bop princess:)
Such cute costumes! Fun that you were able to find such a good mask for Samuel!! And I loved the cloak idea for the girls... much better than having to wear a coat over their costumes:) Baby Bop princess and the poodle made me smile:)
Post a Comment