Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Our Pumpkins




Every year I'm excited to paint pumpkins. And this year we got to paint pumpkins from our very own garden!! Most of the pumpkins turn out like the little pumpkins in this picture, which is fine because its just another fun activity to do with your pumpkin. However this year, Samuel and Jacque got a little more creative. Jacque painted her pumpkin and did a great job making a face. Samuel let me help him paint his pumpkin (the big one). We looked at some coloring pages that I got online, and then I drew it on the pumpkin and Samuel painted it. The more I look at it, the more his pumpkin makes me feel at home. It seems that whenever a camera get pulled out at family gatherings, there is at least one person in my family, or extended family for that matter, that likes to make a similar face :p I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

That's so funny! I know I've seen Aaron make that face pretty frequently:) I like the painting pumpkin idea - I was stingy with our pumpkins this year because I want to can most of them. And I also had the kids double up on them because I don't like to help carve them. I'm thinking that in the future I will let the little kids, that can't do the carving themselves, paint their pumpkins!

Tonya said...

Fun pumpkins!! And I'm glad you were able to feel so at home with them:) We did our pumpkins like your little ones and something I found out is that if they are dry... then you rub them with a wet washcloth or paper towel, the paint comes right off. So you can paint them and then a week later paint them as something else (I imagine anyway, because... I tried to add ghosts to Emmy's pumpkin the next day and after messing up I tried to wipe it off and ended up taking off the first coat too.)

Polkowske Fam said...

I remember painting pumpkins as kids and we used markers instead of paint to create our pumpkins this year. I agree with the face looking familiar...it made me laugh b/c I have seen that face more than once. :) Maybe someday we will be brave enough to paint...however I do like Tonya's discovery--it makes it more like a dry-erase board. Happy Halloween! I will try to post our pic soon.