Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sarah loves her "Boy!"

Sarah is a funny little girl full of personality, and she's starting to let some of it shine through.  In the last few months, she has decided that talking is fun, and she isn't afraid to try and say new words...except one.  For some reason she almost always refuses to say Samuel's name.  When looking at pictures she'll point to each of the kids and say in her own cute way "Jacque, Calista, Ellen and Boy!"  The other day we were driving to Mom and Dad's farewell potluck dinner in Baker and we were trying to get Sarah to say Aunt Tiffie.  Samuel turns to her in the car and says very nicely, "Sarah, say Aunt Tiff-ie."  She looks at hime and says, "No Boy!"  Another time she was the last one finished with her lunch.  As she's eating she's looking around the table at the plates that were left sitting there and starts talking to m about them, "Calista's plate?"  "Yep."  "Jacque's plate?"  "Yep."  "Boy done?"  "Yes, Samuel's done."  I know she can say "Samuel" because I've heard her do it before, but for some reason she prefers to say "Boy" when referring to Samuel.  I'm glad she knows that she's a girl and he's a boy, but Samuel would like to be known as Samuel rather than "Boy!"  We'll see how long she keeps it up.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Maybe she's getting ready for a little brother so she is practicing for when people ask her what gender the baby is:) too funny little Sarah!

Joseph and Ivy Waite said...

I was just going to make a comment like Tonya's. That's pretty funny she refuses to say Samuel's name. Do you think you are having a boy? You're getting pretty close now aren't you? About a month I think? How are you feeling?