Today Aaron turned the big 30! Happy Birthday honey! I love you! I'm so glad to have you as a husband/friend for eternity. You are so good to me!
A few weeks ago we bought a new Rossi .45 lever action rifle for his Christmas/birthday/anniversary present (which he loves and thinks its the best gun ever), but the kids and I wanted to have something for him to open on his birthday, so we bought him a few more little gifts this week. He opened them this morning before church and found a 6 volt battery for a flashlight that we needed, and 6 D batteries for other flashlights we have, the Apple Dumpling Gang 1 and 2 DVD, which the 2nd one is his absolute favorite (that is unless you compare it with looney tunes, its a close tie), and a rubiks cube. Not too exciting except he was excited about the rubiks cube. He actually sat down and figured out how to do it on his own, without the book, while he was on his mission, but since then he's lost a little. So now he has a chance to learn it again, or to cheat and use the book.
When we got to church, Samuel decided he wanted to hold the doors open for people as they came in. I'm not sure how many people he told, but the Bishop's wife came up to Aaron and wished him a happy birthday. Aaron wondered how she knew, and she said a little bird had told her (as she was pointing to Samuel). I think Aaron was hoping no one would know, but I'll admit that I told someone at Church too. I love birthdays!
I made my first angel food cake for his birthday, not from scratch though. I had a Betty Crocker cake mix. I forgot to take a picture, but it was really yummy. Thank you Tara and Tricia for all of your advice. Don't worry Tara, I called you first, but then I had other questions and since you had company over for dinner at the time, I had to call someone else. The cakes were a little thin, and Tricia told me that I should do a layer cake with them. Oh it was so yummy, and now it is all gone!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Aaron! I don't know you are getting kinda OLD. I like Angel food cake too. I made some a week ago but couldn't find my angel food cake pan. It actually turned out really good using bread pans.
Tia I agree that it is nice to have someone tell you when what you wear looks good.
Have a good week Kerns family!
Happy Birthday Aaron!! Hopefully 30 isn't too much for you! I'm so glad I'm not that OLD yet:) Hope you had a great day!
Happy Birthday Aaron! I tried calling all last night, but stopped trying at 8:30 when it was still busy. I figured it was almost 10:00 your time and you guys would probably be wanting to go to bed as soon as you got off the phone with whoever you were talking to.
I enjoy reading your blog Tia! You do a great job!
Ivy
Happy Birthday Aaron! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!
Happy birthday! Sounds like a yummy cake Tia!!! Good job!
Now wait a second Tia...you called me and I added my opinion, right? How come you didn't give me any credit? Okay, maybe I didn't have any good ideas, but I did agree that your cake sounded like it would turn out yummy. :) Happy B-day Aaron.
Post a Comment