Aaron got a phone call a couple weeks ago from a guy at work. He told Aaron that his ex mother-in-law had a piano that she's been trying to get rid of for the last two years. The friend told her that he knew someone that might be interested. So Aaron went and looked at it and brought it home, for free! When we got it, there were several keys that were stuck down, which made me nervous because I didn't know how to fix it. Aaron took the front panel off of the piano and opened the top, then started looking around. It was then that we noticed how lucky we were. We didn't just get a piano for free, but we also got 5 marbles, several pennies, and several pieces of garbage. After carefully extracting these treasures, the keys popped right up!! There were several keys that weren't tuned real well, so Aaron used a socket to tune it. It still isn't perfect (according to Aaron) but its fine for me. My ears don't hear what's wrong unless it is really off. All in all, I think we got a steal of a deal!
Monday, August 16, 2010
We got a piano
Aaron got a phone call a couple weeks ago from a guy at work. He told Aaron that his ex mother-in-law had a piano that she's been trying to get rid of for the last two years. The friend told her that he knew someone that might be interested. So Aaron went and looked at it and brought it home, for free! When we got it, there were several keys that were stuck down, which made me nervous because I didn't know how to fix it. Aaron took the front panel off of the piano and opened the top, then started looking around. It was then that we noticed how lucky we were. We didn't just get a piano for free, but we also got 5 marbles, several pennies, and several pieces of garbage. After carefully extracting these treasures, the keys popped right up!! There were several keys that weren't tuned real well, so Aaron used a socket to tune it. It still isn't perfect (according to Aaron) but its fine for me. My ears don't hear what's wrong unless it is really off. All in all, I think we got a steal of a deal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm sure you guys will get a lot of good out of that piano. I'm also sure that piano will see a lot more sticky keys in it's day... mom's did. Hmmm I wonder where Aaron learned how to be so handy fixing stuck keys?
That's and EXCELLENT deal :) Every home needs a piano. I'd die without mine. I also love the dresses below that you made from fabric from a yard sale. My sister and I have been avid "yard sale hunters" the past few Saturdays and I can't believe the deals we've found! I'll have to do a blog post with all our "finds" :)
I am sooooo jealous!! Of course, if we got one in that condition, it would pretty much stay in that condition, but to have one for free... you can't go wrong with at least trying it. YAY for handy men, and for a working free piano!
I am jealous of all the added "treasures" yours came with...my didn't have any bonuses, plus I had to pay for it?! I guess I jumped the gun...I should have held out longer! Have fun making beautiful music! :)
That is awesome!! What a good find!
Post a Comment