Well this week, I've found something fun to do. Jacque came home from school one day with a really cute scarecrow and frankenstein, so we decided to make our own halloween crafts. We used Jacque's scarecrow as a pattern and made our own yesterday. (I don't have pictures of Jacque's yet. I'm not sure where she put it.)
I cut out Ellen's pieces and she helped glue them together. Then she colored her scarecrow with crayons.
This is Calista's scarecrow. She did most of the cutting. I would draw the shapes on the construction paper, and then she'd cut it out. I was surprised how well she followed the lines.
The girls had a lot of fun yesterday, so we did our own today. Calista wanted a pumpkin:
Samuel has really liked drawing lately. Every week he's been bringing home a new "How to Draw" book. One week it was horses, then cats, and this week it was funny people. I used the book to make this Frankenstein.
Ellen wanted a witch: (I actually did all of this one. Ellen didn't want to help, she just wanted it when she was done. This witch got to watch a movie with Ellen, and she took it around the house, teaching it to walk!)
A picture of all of them together:
3 comments:
Those are so cute and fun!!! I love making the decorations together. Maybe I'll need to do some of this with Jackson. He always likes crafts, especially if we can make super hero ones:) Great job!!
I loved how attached Ellen became to the witch too- so funny!!
I am very impressed with Calista's cutting out job. I think she does better than me. These are super cute projects. We need to do something similar so we actually have decorations up. Thanks for the idea.
What cute company you have...you and your kids seem to have quite the artistic flare! My kids have been begging for Halloween decorations, but I tell them that I only like leaves and pumpkins...I guess I win the boring mom award. :( They will want to go and visit Aunt Tia now!
Post a Comment