This one really took off.
They have little buds where flowers will be blooming soon!
Potatoes
By the 4th of July corn is supposed to be about knee high, and it was!
Beans. We started seeing holes in the leaves a few weeks ago, so just before I left, I sprayed them and now they look great.
Peas. No pods yet, but they're looking good. They are up to their third string now.
Lettuce. We actually ate a salad tonight for dinner. We used about a foots worth of lettuce and fed 12 kids and 3 adults. We topped our salad with chicken, cheese, and ranch and had bread for a side. It was so yummy. I think we have enough for now, but we better hurry and eat it before it goes to waste. We might try vacuum sealing it...what do you think...will it work?
The sprinkler kind of knocked them down in this picture. We've pulled up a few and there's a little carrot on the end. The kids are helping us thin them by going out in the garden and eating them.
We planted our peppers inside in April, but you can't tell a difference between the half of the row that we started early, and the half that we planted from seed. Lesson learned, why waste all the time and energy of planting indoors :)
We've pulled a couple out, they're small but definitely have the right taste!
6 comments:
Amazing Tia!! It's making me hungry! Mental note for next year... if you want your garden to do amazingly, come visit your sister in Arkansas for 8 days-- I'm sure that was what helped so much, all the warm weather thoughts and humidity going that way:)
I like it Tonya! Maybe just having you come this direction will do the same!!
Your garden looks AMAZING!!
Wow! Looks great!
wow, I can't believe how quickly things grow there! My corn was not knee high by the fourth of July.:(
All that grew that much in 10 days!!! Wow! What did you put in the soil? ;)
Post a Comment