Monday, July 25, 2011

Sarah is 1


Today is my little Sarah's birthday! A month ago she finally stopped army crawling and went to the regular crawl. She was never in a hurry to reach any of the landmark steps. As an example, she learned to sit up before she could roll over from either tummy or back, which was more around the 5 1/2 month mark. So I figured that she'd be more like Ellen and not try and walk until 14 months or so. But sometime when we were at Tonya's at the beginning of July, she decided that walking might be fun. Every time I tried to put her down, she would straighten her legs and grab my hands tight, wanting to go walking. Then she started letting go and balancing for a few seconds. This last week and a half she started trying to take steps. Her best is 16 steps from me to Aaron! It's fun to open my door in the morning and see this cute little girl standing there, holding onto the wall. She is such a good little girl and we are very grateful to have her in our family. Happy Birthday Sarah!!!

5 comments:

Tonya said...

YAY Sarah! Happy Birthday! I miss you! So glad she didn't take any steps while she was here (away from Dad). Can't wait to see some videos of her walking:)

Amy said...

Where has the time gone?! Happy birthday Sarah! What a cute little girl!

mariann and Tory said...

Happy birthday! How you spoiled her rotten!

Joseph and Ivy Waite said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! I can't believe it's been a year already! I'm glad that all of Kilynn's pushing didn't make her decide that bing upright just wasn't worth it!:)

Erica Hill said...

She is getting so big! I remember a year ago when I got to carry her sleeping to pick up the kids from school. Put a brick on her head. :)