Monday, July 25, 2011

OUCH!!

Last Friday I was out watering raspberries when Samuel came running out saying, "Mom come quick! Ellen is bleeding!" I ran inside and sure enough, just above her right eye there was a big gash and it was bleeding down her face and onto the floor. Somehow Ellen had ran into the kitchen table and she did a good job cutting it open. I called my nurse friend down the street and asked her to come and tell me if she needed stitches. She walks in, comes over and says, "Yep!" She took the rest of my kids and Ellen and I went into town.

Ellen was my best patient. She did cry and holler during the stitches, and three of us had to hold her down, but up until that point, and as soon as I picked her up, she was calm as could be and happy. The doctor had me try to put some numbing cream around her wound, which had to set there for an hour before the procedure could be done. I was afraid of it getting in the wound, so I grabbed a pillow at Walmart and had Ellen lay down in the cart as we walked around the store for 30 minutes. She was my little sleeping beauty. People would stop and ask about her head and she'd just smile and keep her eyes closed as I told the story. Here are a few pictures, don't worry they aren't gruesome:
She got five stitches. For some reason she didn't want this picture taken. Her head doesn't hurt anymore, but the distress on her face is from fighting me about getting her picture taken.

There's my happy, tough girl! When the doctor was washing out her wound, he had her lay down and close her eyes. I told her, "Ellen you can sleep, but you can't snore!" So of course she starts doing her fake snore, and kept it up until the stitches began. We get to take the stitches out this Friday!



4 comments:

Tonya said...

Wow, way to be tough Ellen. See, you have tough girls:) What a cute she still is!

Amy said...

She is such a cheerful, cute little thing! I liked the story about her smiling as she pretended to sleep as people talked about her in Walmart. :)

Joseph and Ivy Waite said...

Ouch! What a tough and cute girl!

Erica Hill said...

Ellen is too funny. No one likes getting stitches. But taking them out is a cinch. Awkward but it doesn't hurt Ellen :)