Monday, June 29, 2009

Softball

For the last three months I was on a women's community softball team. It was so much fun. Some of you might remember our perfect record last year (no wins!!), but I must say we were a little better this year. We lost our final game tonight but we placed 4th out of 7 teams! Yeah!! I got to play shortstop, rover, and third base. Most of our team were moms, with a couple newly married, and most of us were LDS. It was fun to get a break from being a mom for a few hours of the week, and a great way to get some exercise. I even got to hit 3 homeruns this year! Enough bragging. I think the kids enjoyed coming to the games too, especially when we won. I think they were a little disappointed when we would lose. Last year I remember Samuel asking me if we won a game. I had to tell him no. He quickly said, "Mom, you should go play on the other team so you can win one!" Why hadn't I thought of that?

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Way to go!! I'm glad you were able to have so much fun! Sorry you lost but now you don't have to do that triple header:) Good job!

mariann and Tory said...

That is awesome!! Way to go! Remember: Those that say winning isn't everything....have never won! haha! jk