Friday, October 9, 2009

Apple Pie Filling

Mom came over yesterday and we made 49 quarts of apple pie filling and then split them so she took 24 home and I got to keep 25! Aaron's excited because apple pie is probably his favorite pie. We had a little bit of cut apples left over so I made a couple of pies last night. We'd gotten a really good deal on apples from an orchard outside of Milton Freewater, Oregon (40-50lb box for $10).

The other best part of yesterday was that Mom took Samuel, Jacque and Calista home with her!! She was going to surprise Grandpa. Hopefully it was a good surprise! We are going later today, but they were so excited to go with Grandma yesterday. Since we only had one kid last night, we went out to eat at a Chinese restaurant. Aaron usually says he doesn't care for Chinese, but after last night, he said it was pretty good. So maybe we will get to go again :) Ellen liked the sweet and sour pork the best, but she did eat some pork fried rice. I also ordered pork chow mein, which I think is my favorite. It doesn't look very appetizing because it looks like a bunch of steamed cabbage and other stringy veggies, but the sauce or something else makes it really yummy.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

How fun!! The apples and the going out to eat:) That explains why mom and dad wouldn't answer the phone when I tried to find them last night... they were having too much fun with the grandkids:) Way to go on the apples. That is a lot of work. I think you also failed to mention that you did all that AND cared for two extra kids and a 3 month old!!

mariann and Tory said...

YUM! I LOVE chinese food! You have to have it right or it is nasty. I just got Tory turned on to it! YUM!