Calista is very afraid of dogs. I'm not sure how she got to be so afraid, but when I was visiting one of my elderly friends, Calista wouldn't even put her feet off the edge of the couch because there was a dog in the room. Yes it was IN the room, across the room in fact. And whenever the dog came near, all of a sudden, Calista would be climbing onto my shoulders. We've tried to work with her on her fear of dogs, and I'm not sure if its helping. We've walked peoples dogs, held her while she pet the dogs, and when she was at Mom and Dad's house a couple of weekends ago, they would give her candy everytime she was able to pet Aimee.
On our walk this morning, we passed a dog behind a fence. We say "Hi" to the dog and kept walking. (Calista and Ellen were in the bike stroller that I was pushing). After we passed the dog Calista says, "I like dogs. I like Aimee...when Aimee gets shot, Grandma won't have none more dogs." (For those of you who don't know, my mom and dad's german shepherd dog was shot by some unknown person about a month ago.) She said this kind of happily. I'm not sure if she was looking forward to that time when grandma would have "none more dogs" or if it was just the way she thinks life goes. I had to laugh to myself about it.
3 comments:
Thats funny that she doesn't like dogs! I wish Roscoe wouldn't have had that HUGE accident! They she could of petted him because he was sooo small!
She sounds exactly like Josiah. He used to just panic and couldn't get away fast enough. He is getting so much better though. So I bet Calista will get better. We just tried not to force petting the dogs onto him.
That is a cute story...what does mom think about that?! Kids, they say the craziest things! Hope she gets over it so you can have pets someday!
Post a Comment