Saturday, October 31, 2009

Our Costumes

We had three fairies and an Iron Man this year. I made the fairies outfits (except the wings) and then bought the Iron Man costume since I was running out of time.
I even tried to do Ellen's hair too. It is long enough to put gel in it, which makes her hair curly and stand out a little. It looks a little fuzzy here. Calista ended up not wearing the white fuzz on her hair. It made her look too much like an angel.


Samuel with the Iron Mask on
Samuel without the mask. I painted his
face the same as the mask in case
the mask got stuffy.

Samuel and Aaron went to Baker this weekend to help people move and to work on the truck with Adam, so the girls and I stayed home. I took them to the trunk or treat at the College on Friday night. They got lots of candy, played pumpkin toss, and got their faces painted. They had a lot of fun.

Aaron and Samuel got back this afternoon, so Samuel was able to go with us to our ward's trunk or treat. There were a lot of people there this year. The last couple of years it has mainly been just our ward, but this year there were even some community people trick-or-treating, and the other ward helped hand out candy. We brought a big bowl of candy, that Aaron handed out to the kids. Whoever those kids were, they must've been excited. I was amazed at how fast he got done. He just smiled and said he just "gave it out as fast as he could." Probably meaning that instead of just a couple, he gave out handfuls!! I don't care as long as we didn't have to bring it home. Our ward also hands out donuts and hot chocolate. It was fun for the kids to be able to wear their costumes two times.

When we got home, we let the kids eat most of their candy, just trying to get it rid of it fast. I went through the candy and got all the hard candies and suckers and put them in a bowl to hand out to other people. I figure they are the ones that stay forever in their mouths, so they probably are worse on the teeth...what do you think "Dentist" Trace?

After all of our candy was handed out at the door, we turned off our porch light so no one would come. But that supposedly doesn't mean anything any more. We turned off our kitchen and dining room lights, and that still didn't work. We ended up turning off all of our lights except one light in the living room, that doens't shine directly at the door. So far it works, but I was amazed at how many people just come if a light in the house is on. We were also amazed at how old some of the kids were that came for candy. Growing up, we stopped trick-or-treating at the age of 12, which I think is a great rule. Once we get out of Primary, you are too old to go around asking for candy. Go ahead and dress up and have fun, but buy your own candy!!

6 comments:

mariann and Tory said...

So fun! I think people are so excited to go trick or treating they forget the rules...or maybe they don't no the rules for the lights on and off. We went trick or treating to house that had their outside lights on and they still didn't open there door...so I think people just don't remember the rules any more. Oh well! Happy Halloween!

Polkowske Fam said...

Great costumes!!! You are a great mom...I should put in some requests next year...I am the lame mom that just goes through our dress-up box and forces the kids to be one that fits! I guess that's why all of the kids want to be witches...that is one of the only costumes that gets boxed up, so it is "new"!

Leslie said...

Tia you did a great job on the fairy costumes. I love them. Your kids have a very talented mother.

Dean and Dawnie said...

Tia, Great Job on the costumes! The girls look absolutely like little fairies! Samuel made a great iron man! I love the pictures. Thanks for posting about your fun time. We love all of you lots.

Tonya said...

The costumes are beautiful Tia!! Way to go! And Samuels was good too! I love to see halloween dress up pics. Thanks for sharing!

Todd Baxter said...

I'm impressed!!! Your kids looked eh-mazing!!! Way to go Tia & Aaron!!