Isn't she cute! I took a picture and then got a wipe and washed it all off. As I was scrubbing her face, Ellen says (in a very serious voice), "I not do 'gin mom!" She was so cute and so good while I was scrubbing.
Another story:
Yesterday we had a ward 4th of July pancake breakfast. We walked across the street and ate breakfast, and I was a little surprised at what we ate. Usually when you have a ward dinner/lunch/breakfast, someone has spent a lot of money and time on food and decorations. They called this breakfast a pancake breakfast, and that's what it was. We walked in, they had tables set up and there was a pan of pancakes, one tub of butter to share among the tables, and two containers of syrup. I was surprised at first, but then I was grateful. I think too many times people try to do too much for Ward parties and they usually end up spending a lot of money. The food was great, we ate until we were full, and I think everyone had just as much fun talking to others and mingling without all the expense. I liked it.
While we were eating, our friends down at the end of the table asked when the house tour was. I told them as soon as they were done eating. We hurried and ate, and then got home and starting picking things up so the house was more inviting. Just a few minutes later our friends with their kids came. Then another friend, and another friend with her kids. I think by the end we had 13 kids (counting mine) and 7 adults. It was fun that they all felt comfortable to come over and we had fun talking. When it was time for one of the families to go, the mom said, "Come on kids" and started leaving. As they were walking to the car, her husband said, "Megan...you can't take that one." She looks down and she was walking off, holding Ellen's hand. She just assumed that anyone who would grab her hand would be her own kid, and Ellen heard her say, "Come on kids, let's go" and she was going!
I do really think that Ellen loves us, but after trying to go home with so many different people, maybe I should stop and think about this!
2 comments:
Sooooo funny!! All of it!! I love the pic of Ellen, and I'm so proud of her for finding her own fun. It makes it more worth the mess when you know they were trying to do things on their own:)
And maybe Ellen will come home with me when I finally get to see her again. Jackson would love a playmate.. Emmy is almost there, but she still can't play as well as he'd like her to:)
I think she knows that her days as the youngest are limited, so she is trying to keep that title by finding a new home! :) That is a pretty cute story, and from the pictures I am sure that you would miss her "fun play-time."
Post a Comment