Friday, July 16, 2010

He didn't send us to Jail!

Last night I took the kids on a walk to the post office and then to the park to play in the creek. I needed to use the bathroom when we got there, so all the kids waited just outside of the restrooms for me. As I was in there, I heard the kids, "Hey, look there's a police car." Then I could hear a car approach and a voice said, "Is your mom or dad around." They said, "Yes, she's in the bathroom." And then the voice said, "Okay, just checking" and he drove off. Next I hear Calista say, "Hey mom, a policeman just came by...but he didn't throw us in jail!" Whew! I'm glad we escaped that one! Just thought it was cute and I'm glad to see that the police check up on things too.

Had a doctor's appointment yesterday, but I'm only dilated to a 2, so not much is going on yet. We'll let you know later when we have news! We're just learning patience right now.

3 comments:

Polkowske Fam said...

Definitely a cute story...I think it would have been even funnier if the policeman would've heard! :) Or they could've given more details about what you were doing in the bathroom like that joke you sent a while back. :) Thanks for sharing!

Leslie said...

I have been wondering what is happening and figured you might have had the baby without telling anyone. I wouldn't put it past you two. Hang in there and here's too hoping you go soon.

Tonya said...

Maybe the baby is just making up for you not announcing her coming until 5 months along... she wants to make up for it and come LATE! What do you think?? :) Thanks for posting... I've been checking:)