Saturday, July 3, 2010

Officially closed!

We are officially closed now! Yeah!!

Our neighbor knocked on my door Thursday night and asked if he could mow my backyard/lot. It has been overrun by weeds and alfalfa, and he felt bad that we were left with such a mess. He has a riding lawnmower and thought he should volunteer for the job. I was so greatful for his offer. That was going to be one of our projects for Saturday. He ended up spending over two hours mowing. I watched for a few minutes, and then I went in and baked him, and us, a pie. I had enough time to bake the pie and have it cool enough to be handled by the time he was done. I think he is going to be a good neighbor. His youngest child is 10 and his name is Sam. Sam and Samuel have become really good friends, and its great to have Samuel have a boy to play with. He asks to invite Sam over so he can have some "boy time."

1 comment:

mariann and Tory said...

Nice!! That is an awesome neighbor! And so nice of you to make him a pie!! Yum!