Saturday, December 4, 2010

All I want for Christmas

I thought this was a cute video. You might need to turn up your volume to hear this because it's pretty quiet.

A little bit ago I wrote a blog bragging about Samuel. Well now it's Jacque's turn. I don't know how I got blessed with such good kids. Jacque is so sweet to everyone. If the students in Jacque's class are good for the day, they get a green sticker on their take home folder. If they get four green stars in a week, then they get to go to the prize box on Thursday. Jacque of course is a really good student, so she's always getting to go to the prize box. But most of the time she's getting something for her siblings. For the first couple of months, Ellen and Calista were really excited for Thursday to come because then they'd get to see what Jacque brought them home. She still gets things for them, but she is starting to pick things out for herself, which I think she needs to do. But I've been very impressed at how loving and giving she is.

When I ask for help in the kitchen, Jacque is one of the first to volunteer. She's also my best help with the laundry. She'd really like to help more with Sarah, but I'm a little nervous to have her walking around with Sarah. Sarah's getting heavy and still does the uncontrolled wiggles. She does help me alot with bathing Sarah and getting her dressed though.

At school, Jacque doesn't get to go to music class. They had to cut it out of the budget. But I've been impressed with her teacher. She takes it upon herself to teach music in the class. Jacque is always coming home with new songs they've learned and she quickly teaches them to her sisters. On our car rides, it is fun to hear the girls singing songs that I haven't taught them.

Jacque has a new love. Jump roping! I used to walk around the track at school (for exercise) and it would always be around a recess. I think Jacque jump ropes every recess, all recess long. Although sometimes she tells me that if she sees someone waiting for a jump rope, she'll give her to that girl.

I love my kids very much, and it is always nice to see how well they are growing up!

CAUTION. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. MAY HAVE DISTURBING DETAILS. Okay, for you brave souls who want to go on, here's one more thing. Jacque is also very brave/tough. She will let Aaron pull her teeth. Samuel was always a little nervous, but Jacque will open up and let Aaron have a yank or two. He pulled her front tooth last night. His only mistake was doing in the same room where I was nursing Sarah. I can't stand loose teeth. The whole wiggle the tooth with your tongue thing just grosses me out. And then there's the sound as it is popped out of the mouth...oh I shudder as I write about it! Now don't say I didn't warn you. But I am very impressed with Jacque's strength. I think I was probably one who just let it dangle until it fell out. Either that, or I've turned into a bigger wimp as I've gotten older! (No comments needed on that last bit).

5 comments:

Polkowske Fam said...

Jacque does seem like a very special and sweet girl...I wish we were closer to see it in person! :) Anyway, as far as the teeth part goes, Tara and I are in the same boat as you, but so far my three girls like to pull the teeth out themselves...granted Jessie sometimes gets a little dramatic, but she is getting stronger. I DON'T DO TEETH PULLING! :(

Dean and Dawnie said...

Oh Jacque you are awesome! I love you so much. Thank you for being kind to everyone....
there is a Primary song like that, maybe you can get your Mom or Dad to teach it to you.

Have a Great Day. love, Grandma!

Dean and Dawnie said...

Ohhhhhhh I absolutely love the toothless singer. I think Jacque just fits the song! love to all the kids and mom and dad tooooooo.

Tonya said...

What a great girl and sister!! So fun to brag about your kids and you definitely have the right to do so!! Jacque can come and visit me anytime!!

Joseph and Ivy Waite said...

What a sweet girl! I love the video. If you ask me Tia, the gross thing about the last bit of your post isn't the teeth pulling, but you mentioning that you let your teeth dangle when you were a kid. That makes me shudder:)
You have such a great family! I love reading your blog.