and then we had a Dinosaur party on Friday. Samuel wanted an alien party, but we found some neat dinosaur hats, and little toy dinosaurs to decorate the cake with, so we'll have to save aliens for another day. Here's a picture of our cake. It was a lot of fun to make. Everyone wanted a piece of the volcano. It was made of Reece's peanut butter cups and those chocolate krispies, with orange frosting as the lava:
The kids got to keep the dinosaur that was in their piece of cake.
Samuel invited four friends over to play games and have cake and ice cream. Two were boys and two were girls. They were all from his church class, which made it fun because I knew all the kids. We played pin the leg on the dinosaur
"a keen eye and a steady hand" (which is a game that Aaron and Samuel made out of electrical circuits.) The goal is to take the metal hoop (the red wire with copper hoop) from one end of the arch up(metal hanger) and around to the other, without the hoop touching the arch. If it touches, then a buzzer goes off. We counted how many times the buzzer went off. Ellen actually had the least number of buzzes. It only buzzed one time. However, the bigger kids didn't think that it counted because it was one continual buzz from one end to the other!
They also played dinosaur egg toss (we used little balls as our dinosaur eggs), volleyball with a balloon, and at the end Aaron got down on the floor and played alligator! Boy did that get rowdy. Aaron finally had to stop because he lost his voice. I think the kids all had a fun time. The two boys got to spend the night too! I didn't get any pictures of the kids doing the games. I totally forgot until after they were all done. Sorry!
4 comments:
Now that sounds like a fun party! Happy birthday Samuel! Looks like you had an awesome time!
How FUN!! As far as missing the pics... that just meant that EVERYONE had a blast!! I love the party... all the ideas were wonderful. And way to go Ellen on the game-- the talent must come thru the name! Happy Birthday again Samuel.
I agree that you must have had one awesome birthday! Wish we could've been there, but I'm sure the dinosaur theme and cake made for a stupendous evening! :) I love the cake...you did a great job! Congrats on the baptism too, we will look forward to more pictures. :) Next time come to Colorado and we won't miss it...however, I don't expect there to be a "next time." :)
Tiff, I think you were meaning next time, as in when Jacque gets baptized...right?!
Post a Comment