Saturday was a special day. You know I thought people who had kids get baptized were really old. I guess I'm really old now!
The baptism was wonderful, except we were the late ones. Everyone was there except the Kerns'. Uncle Trace did a great job conducting. I got to lead the music and Grandma Kerns played the piano. Grandma and Grandpa Baxter gave wonderful prayers. Uncle Eli gave an awesome talk on baptism. While Samuel and Aaron were changing their clothes, Grandma Kerns played Christmas songs for all of us to sing. It was so nice to sing Christmas songs up to speed! After the baptism, Grandpa Kerns gave a great talk on the Holy Ghost/keeping covenants. For those of you who weren't able to make it to the baptism, you missed a very memorable talk. I don't think anyone that was there will ever forget that talk. I will quote from the Bishopric counselor who conducted our Sacrament meeting today, "For those of you who weren't there, you need to go talk to Samuel and ask him why his Grandpa ripped off his shirt in the middle of the talk, and what it had to do with baptism!" Are you interested yet??!! After the baptism, we had refreshments. Samuel asked for brownies and snickerdoodle cookies. I was worried that I hadn't made enough, but we walked out of the door with one cookie (which never did make it home) and I think 10 small brownies! It was just a perfect day.
Thank you to all that were able to come and make it a fun day. Especially thank you to Uncle Trace and Aunt Erica and Uncle Nathan and Aunt Leslie and their family for traveling so far!! It was fun to see you and it meant a lot to Samuel!
3 comments:
We are glad we could make it. Samuel is a super neat boy. It is always fun being around your family.
Wow, that talk sounds intriguing... I think you should blog it as well as you can! So fun! Sorry we missed it! Congrats again Samuel!
And if having a kid get baptized makes you old... I'm confused... because I always thought we were twins, but it appears now that I am at least 4 years younger than you! :)
Post a Comment