Thursday, March 31, 2011

I'm OFFICIALLY old!

Age doesn't mean anything. I remember being in college and going on a road trip to Utah with my oldest sister. On the way, we stopped by a fruit stand to let her kids stretch their legs. While we were walking around the stand, the owner asked if we were sisters. We said yes, and somehow in our conversation it came up that he thought I was the older one. My sister is 8 years older than I am! Then I can remember on my 27th bday, I was getting sung to in Primary, when the chorister asked how old I was. I answered 27. She looks at me and laughs, "Yeah right. How old are you." I had to answer two more times before she believed me. Supposedly she thought I was at least 33 because I had four children. The chorister turned out to be just a year younger than me, but she only had one child. Well now I am starting to fit my age. I turned the big 30 yesterday!! It's supposed to be my Golden year since I turned 30 on the 30th. We'll see, but I'm excited for this new stage in my life anyway. I just hope the next 30+ years go just as well.

6 comments:

Tara and Josh said...

Well Happy Birthday from the real old one of the bunch! (this is Josh - not Tara!).
By the way, you do not look a day over 24.

mariann and Tory said...

Happy birthday Tia! She probably thought you were older because you are so mature.:) Being thirty is pretty awesome! Enjoy it!

Amy said...

Happy late birthday, Tia! I love being in my thirties! I hope you had a great day.

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Tia! Hope you day was great.

Joseph and Ivy Waite said...

I thought I already commented to tell you Happy Birthday but I guess I didn't! Happy very late birthday then! You are great Tia! Everyone loves you!

Tonya said...

So is this why you have stopped blogging-- too old to type now huh? Well, I'll try to send you some youthfulness so that you can at least keep me updated on life over there:)