Aaron had an Elders Quorum meeting last night at the Church and you should see what he came home with. He was wondering if I would be pleased with his find or if I would make him take them back...
I love them. I told him he was a "mighty hunter" and that he found more than any other hunter ever brings home, better yet, his find will feed us for a lifetime instead of just one winter...no offense to those who actually hunt!
We stayed up late reading last night. Aaron grabbed "The Third Thousand Years" and I took volume one of "The Church History" books. We just finished reading the Doctrine and Covenants together in July, and I told him we will have to read it again now that we have the Church History books to give us a background to each of the sections. I am so excited. Aaron and I have decided to try and read the Old Testament before the end of the year (we started August 30th). When Aaron opened "The Third Thousand Years" he found that it is describing right where we are with Moses and the Children of Israel.
Aaron said these books were from the library at the church but they were on a table that said "free." I should go look and see what else might be there. When Aaron used to have early morning meetings at the church, he used to hide in the library after the meetings and start reading out of these books! If any of you want me to look for certain books, I can try tomorrow. Just let me know.
2 comments:
Thats awesome! What a great find!!
What a great find. I'm so jealous! You're ward library must be old to have those books in it for so long!
Post a Comment