Aaron and I went to Melinda and Steve's house this weekend. While we were waiting for Steve to get back from watching a movie with Melinda's brother, David, and his girlfriend, Aaron started reading some magazines that were lying around. One of them had an article on a guy who won a paper airplane contest, and it had a diagram of how to make his airplane. Of course Aaron had to get paper and try it out. We took it outside and it actually did a really good job gliding around.
After going back to Kerns' house, Aaron pulled out his paper airplane and showed how good of a glider it was. And it seemed within just a few minutes the house was filled with paper airplanes being flown by Samuel, Jacque, Calista, Ellen, David, Gideon, Gracie, Emmy and Isaac. Most of them were made by Aaron or me, however I was really impressed with Isaac's airplanes that he made. He even kept making them the next day! He came up with a bunch of different designs and they all flew well, some even did circles.
It was fun to see everyone fly them because they'd all stand on the hearth and say, "Three, two, one...BLAST OFF!" Ellen even joined in on the fun with, "One, two, one, two...blast off!"
It was also fun to watch Ellen and Gideon. They are just about three weeks apart in age, and Ellen was determined not to let Gideon have a paper airplane. When she didn't want it, she'd go shut it in a drawer. As soon as he'd get close, she'd run over, open the drawer and grab it and run off. Look at that death grip she has on the airplane! Somehow he actually got it, and Ellen tried to take it from him. It ripped in half during the process and they were both content with their "half airplane." Silly kids!
2 comments:
That is so cute! I am impressed that they didn't freak out when the plane was ripped in half!!
I agree with Mariann...I think we would have had some kind of fit, but I can totally relate. I can't believe how big Ellen is getting! I have never been good at paper airplanes...my cubscouts would always show me up! :) Sounds like a fun evening.
Post a Comment