Monday, September 28, 2009

Twisted minds

I have been accused of having a twisted mind, in a good light though. Aaron and I love to think of weird things, mind games, codes and such. The other day, after working with Jacque on reading, Aaron told me that English is too complicated. There are too many letters that make the same sound. Wouldn't it be nice if each letter only made one sound? Reading would be less confusing because it would all be phonetics (once you knew all the sounds of each letter of course), and you wouldn't have to worry about so many grammar rules. So, of course we had to come up with our own alphabet! And then, we had to try writing a letter to James in our new alphabet!! Here it is for others that want to see an example. If you can't figure some letters/sounds out just skip it and it should probably make sense later. Note: Uppercase and lowercase are different letters.


dEr grandpq,

haw qr y^ d^nG? /Ank y^ fOr stqpG bI awr haws last wenzdA. It wQz fQn t^ sE y^ and t^ tqk t^ y^.

wE had awr prImArE prOgram /is last sQndA. it went rElE g^d. samUl and jakE did A grAt jqb qn /Ar pqrts. samUl Even did hiz wi/awt anE help! mI mqm and dad wQr Abl t^ kQm and wqc /em. /A srprIzd Qs bEkQz wE did nqt /ink /A k^d kQm sins yOr wOrd had /Ar prOgram /at sAm dA.

qn /Q 24/ Qv qktObr awr stAk iz havG A dans fOr adQlts frQm At Oklqk Qntil Eleven Oklqk. wE wr wQndrG if ElI wQd bE QvAlQbl t^ bAbEsit fOr Qs. y^ and mqrjOrE qr invIted t^ kQm t^ /Q dans t^!

wE wil sE y^ /is wEk and mAbE /is wEkend.

lQv, tEQ

2 comments:

Polkowske Fam said...

Very creative...I must be getting a little more twisted because I could actually figure it out! Not that you were trying to make it hard, but yeah for me! :) I totally agree with helping kids learn to read our rediculous language!!! I am going gray faster because of it!

Leslie said...

Very clever of you guys and I think I understood most of it.