I have been playing on a co-ed softball team for the last month and a half. It's been a lot of fun, and we are doing really well. We've only lost two games and won about 8. Last night we had a double-header. We won both games by the 5th inning because we were ahead by 15. We did a good job hitting it in their holes. By the end of the second game we had 35 runs for 42 hits. That means that out of all of our hits, only 7 people didn't score! I even got to place some of my hits. I've never been one to do this, but the last few games I've been practicing. I looked out in the field and noticed that the left fielder was close to the center, so I thought, "I want to hit it down the baseline," and I did it!! I was so excited, especially since I've never practiced hitting to left field. I usually just practiced trying to get it to right field. Then later I placed a couple in right field. It was fun to be able to say, "I'm going to hit it there...and then have it actually go that direction." Now, granted, sometimes it wasn't as far as I would've liked, but it still worked. I got a triple off of a blooper that they should've caught by first base. But they missed...a runner ran home...they threw it home and missed...I ran to second...looked at third...no baseman guarding third...so I ran to third! It was a lot of fun. I also hit a hard one right to the second baseman but her glove missed and her leg got it. She had to be carried off the field. I felt bad, but by the end of the game she was walking around.
We have one more game on Thursday, then a tournament that starts next week, and then I should be done with the softball season. It's been fun to have a couple hours a week where I can be something other than a mom. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom, but I like the break. The kids enjoy coming and playing in the empty field with their friends too.
Aaron ran all the way to the ball fields yesterday, about a 4 mile run!
4 comments:
Good for you Tia. It is very impressive that you hit your aimed target. I have always thought playing volleyball would be fun and I should just do it.
your merciless!! that's all I can say! :) good job!
Good for you Tia! Too bad we didn't live in the same town cuz then we could start our own team! Me and Tory LOVE playing on the same team!
Way to go slugger!!! If I were there, I would be screaming..."that's my sister!!!" Just ask Todd...I am also impressed with Aaron's run, has he been practicing? Good luck on your tournament.
Post a Comment